|Courtesy of Hopworks Brewing Co|
“Good Beer Does Good” Campaign Spotlights Three Beers and Three Sustainable Causes – Forests, Bicycle Transportation, and Clean Water
Portland, Ore., May 10 2017, — Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB), the first Certified B Corporation brewery in the Northwest is proud to announce it is a member of 1% for the Planet, giving back 1% of its annual beer sales to environmental causes. The 1% for the Planet network links businesses, individuals, and nonprofits to create partnerships that protect the planet.
To spotlight the 1% for the Planet commitment, Hopworks this week launched its “Good Beer Does Good” campaign via a series of videos highlighting the connection between their three core beers and specific causes. The first new video is viewable at https://vimeo.com/215903676.
- Gear Up IPA and forests – Hopworks supports protecting forests and wilderness areas for future generations by giving back to organizations like Oregon Wild and Forest Park Conservancy.
- Organic HUB Pilsner and bicycle transportation – A committed bike-friendly business, Hopworks supports bicycle transportation and organizations such as The Street Trust and Northwest Trail Alliance. Check out the video at https://vimeo.com/215904070.
- Organic Wave Train and clean water - In addition to being water conscious brewers, Hopworks supports charities that are focused on clean water and watershed protection such as Salmon-Safe and The Freshwater Trust.
“We are excited to welcome Hopworks Urban Brewery to our global network,” said Kate Williams, CEO of 1% for the Planet. “To help drive positive environmental change, our member companies have donated more than $150 million to date. Currently three percent of philanthropic giving goes to the environment and of that total, three percent comes from businesses. The planet needs more help and we are thrilled that Hopworks has committed to giving back through its ‘Good Beer Does Good’ initiative as a business member of 1% for the Planet.”
“We make the best beer we can, as sustainably as possible,” said Hopworks Brewmaster and Founder, Christian Ettinger. “Joining 1% for the Planet is a natural extension of our approach to business as a B Corporation brewery working on the triple bottom line. We are proud to support these great organizations with similar ethos because we want to invest in forests, bikes, and water. ‘Good Beer Does Good’ demonstrates that we can make a positive impact on the planet with a beer in our hands.”
To kick off this new focused giving direction, Hopworks invites the community to raise a pint for the planet at the Hopworks Bikebar located at 3947 N. Williams Ave., Portland, OR 97227 on May 16 from 4-11 pm, with a formal toast at 6 pm. Mention The Street Trust and Hopworks will send a portion of the proceeds from your tab to The Street Trust. Event details are available at: http://hopworksbeer.com/2017/0
|Courtesy of Hopworks Urban Brewery|
For more information on “Good Beer Does Good” and to see how Hopworks is putting beer money to good use, check out these videos:
- “Good Beer Does Good” teaser video - https://vimeo.com/215904108
- Hopworks joins 1% for the Planet, “Good Beer Does Good” - https://vimeo.com/215903676
- Organic HUB Pilsner and bicycle transportation: https://vimeo.com/215904070
To learn more about 1% for the Planet and how to get involved, visit: http://www.onepercentforthepla
|Courtesy of Hopworks Urban Brewery|
About Hopworks Urban BreweryHopworks Urban Brewery strives to revolutionize and inspire the brewing industry with practices that drive quality, protect the environment and improve the community we live in. Utilizing organic malts and a combination of locally-sourced, organic and Salmon Safe hops, the company’s 20-barrel brewery in Portlad produces 12,000 barrels of beer and cider a year for HUB’s brewpubs and for distribution throughout the West. Hopworks is a family-owned and operated business, the first Certified B Corporation brewery in the Pacific Northwest, a gold-level bike friendly business, and Long Root Ale received Brewbound’s “Marketing Initiative Award of the Year” in 2016. More info at: hopworksbeer.com