A few changes this year that you should be aware of.
The normal long tables that are usually under the big tents are now outside along the fence line and in place of those, they have standing upright tables. Should work well to keep traffic moving on Friday and Saturday, the busiest days for OBF.
Last year at OBF they had a combo Buzz Tent and International Tent. This year the Buzz portion is gone and now it's just the international tent where you will find breweries from the Netherlands and New Zealand.....and its just one token per sample! A nice change from the multi token years in previous years.
And if you don't know by now, the glass tasting glass is gone and replaced with a new polycarbonate tasting glass. We're happy its back to non-glass, also no aroma issues from the polycarbonate glass, unlike the previous years of plastic mugs, and bonus you don't have to worry about breakage if they get dropped.
- Claim 52 Brewing - Runnermass - Kolsch/lemon-lime soda Blend - Very refreshing and at 3% abv, would be a great hot day drinker.
- Breakside Brewing - Rainbows & Unicorns - Session IPA - Best beer name of the fest...Very refreshing, light, citrus notes and at 4.7% another easy drinker.
- Cascade Brewing - Frite Gaulois - NW Sour with a blend of Weizen, Saison, and Blonde Ales ages in oak wine Barrels. Excellent
- Burnside Brewing - Smoked Berliner Weiss - An amazing combo with the hint of smoke and the refreshing tartness.
- Melvin Brewing - Hamber - A hoppy Amber - Nice balance between the malt and hops.
Oregon Brewers Festival continues on through Sunday. Please find details here or for complete details at the OBF website.