Portland, OR – The 4th Annual The Mighty Mites Session Fest returns outside Bazi Bierbrasserie (1522 SE 32nd Ave) on Sunday, August 16 from 11 AM – 7 PM as the premier beer event of the Hawthorne Street Fair.
In a world full of Double IPA’s and Imperial Stouts a hero will rise to stand up for the small, lighter, sessionable beers of equal flavor and tastiness. Featuring beers that fall under the “Session” style category as defined by being 5% ABV or below, The Mighty Mites presents a selection as varied as they are flavorful from session IPA’s to tart refreshing Berliner-Weisse’s, Ciders, and even sessionable, quaffable, poundable cans. The taplist has includes a variety of new and classic beers and ciders:
- 2 Towns: OutCider - Like the rugged outdoors of the Northwest, the OutCider is raw and unfiltered. 5% ABV
- Reverend Nats/EZ Orchards: EZ-Kin - consists of exclusively French bittersweet and bittersharp varieties. The re-wetted pomace begins a wild fermentation for 48 hours before being pressed. The resulting juice is low in fermentable sugars but extremely high in flavor due to the extended contact time on the skins and meat of the apples. The final product is full of wild lacto flavors, high in tannins and incredibly complex. 4% ABV.
- Oakshire: Sun Made Cucumber Berliner-Weisse - Sun Made is a hazy golden ale with a bready aroma blended with a cool refreshing wiff of cucumber water. It begins with a mild zip of acidity that is refreshing and light. It is light bodied and low in alcohol making for a very refreshing and quaffable beer. It ends clean and refreshing with a lingering melon freshness. We owe it all to the sun, so kick back after a long day in the garden with a tall glass of Sun Made Cucumber Berliner Weisse. 4% ABV
- Breakside: Birra Minestra - experimental blonde ale brewed with fresh Oregon basil, Creative Growers Sungold tomatoes, and tart pluots. inspired by a dessert from legendary Portland farm-to-table restaurant Park Kitchen. 5% ABV
- Gigantic: Tiny Empire ISA - 4.7% ABV
- Upright: Lite - is made annually in the style of a classic American lager using corn, rice, and an authentic yeast strain. Think cheap beer, but fresh and crafty! 4.1%
- Lompoc: Cherry Bomb Smoked Red - A collaboration for International Women’s Collaboration Brew Day with Burnside Brewing, 10 Barrel and Heater Allen, this red ale is crimson in color with a strong smoked flavor and aroma. Cherry smoked malt was used in the mash and in-house smoked dried cherries were added to the bright tank. There is a mild hop profile. 3.7% ABV
- The Commons: Petit Classique - table saison with pink peppercorns
- Widmer: Hefe Shandy -Bright, refreshing and sessionable, Hefe Shandy is made for summer. The Original American Hefeweizen gets a bold, new citrusy aroma and flavor and lemon drop hops and natural lemonade flavor. Soak up the summer with Hefe Shandy. 4.2% ABV
- pFriem: Session IPA - Filled with aromas of fresh strawberries and citrus, this brew has hops that fill the mouth with lemon, pine and a hint of kiwi. This IPA is begging to be enjoyed on our outdoor patio! 4.5%, 25 IBU's
- 12oz CAN: Firestone Walker: Easy Jack - Brewmaster Matt Brynildson went to the mountain and returned with a vision for a different kind of Session IPA, one that would be brewed and dry hopped with a globetrotting selection of new hop varieties from Europe, New Zealand and North America. He foresaw a beer that would deliver massive hop aromas, a signature malt balance and an empty glass before you knew what hit you. And so the newest member of our Jack IPA family was born. 4.5% ABV
- 16oz CAN: Breakside: Kolsch - we've crafted an easy-drinking golden ale with a kiss of hop flavor and a touch of malt-driven sweetness. We've stuck close to German tradition in making this beer while also injecting it with our own Oregon twist, combining imported German malts with Willamette Valley-grown hops. Whether you're floating a river, grilling with friends, or watching the races we guarantee that this beer will satisfy all your summer drinking needs. 5%ABV
Beer and cider tasting is $10 for a cup and four tickets each good for a large 7 oz beer or cider tasters and two tickets for a full cup. Additional tickets are $2 each. Individual cans of Firestone Walker Easy Jack and Breakside Post Time Kolsch are only $4 each!
Outside in the beer garden, this family friendly event features Scoop Ice Cream and food from the Taco Pedaler. To keep the party going DJ Phil will be spinning World Music. There will also be outdoor games like Cornhole and a kiddie soaking pool to dip your toes into!
At the bar, Bazi has created a special (non-sessionable) beer cocktail for the occasion dubbed the Shandy Mighty for $5, it contains gin, honey coriander syrup, egg white, and Hefe Shandy served on the rocks. There will also be a full menu available inside Bazi with Happy Hour specials on food and drinks all day!
If Monks lived in Portland, this would be their watering hole. Bazi brings centuries of Belgian inspired beer and food under one roof plus a premium liquor selection. Explore with a nationally recognized Bier-Cocktail or simply sip on a glass of wine. As a Euro-centric establishment we embrace bringing community together through sports. We are an official Thorns, Timbers and American Outlaws partner and showcase these and other events on our 114" HDTV with surround sound. Named “Top 100 Beer Bars in America” by DRAFT Magazine 2014, 1015 and “Top 10 Best Beer Bars in Portland” by The Oregonian. Located in the heart of the Hawthorne District, tucked away just off of SE 32nd Avenue.