SIERRA NEVADA SENDS BEER CAMP ACROSS AMERICA MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE
Limited release double IPA doubles as a beer festival invitation
Chico, CA—June 23, 2014—Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is sending a flavorful request instead of a formal one, today shipping to distributors a West Coast Double IPA in 24-ounce bottles that invites beer drinkers to attend Beer Camp Across America. An unprecedented seven-city traveling beer festival, Beer Camp Across America will feature more than 700 total breweries; each brewery will pour their beers at the festival closest to them. The West Coast Double IPA includes a message that calls drinkers to the bounty of beer that will be at each tour stop:
• Sat, July 19: Northwest Edition at Sierra Nevada Hop Field in Chico, CA, 12-5 p.m.
• Sun, July 20: Southwest Edition at Embarcadero North in San Diego, CA, 1-6 p.m.
• Fri, July 25: Rocky Mountain Edition at Civic Center Park in Denver, CO, 5-10 p.m.
• Sun, July 27: Midwest Edition at Navy Pier in Chicago, IL, 12-5 p.m.
• Fri, August 1: New England Edition at Thompson’s Point in Portland, ME, 5-10 p.m.
• Sat, August 2: Mid-Atlantic Edition at Penn Treaty Park in Philadelphia, PA, 12-5 p.m.
• Sun, August 3: Southeast Edition in Mills River, NC, 1-6 p.m.
“There will be a huge selection of great beers in every city we visit this summer, and we thought beer lovers would appreciate a glimpse of the fun to come with our own hopped-up invitation,” said Ken Grossman, founder of Sierra Nevada. “This is an IPA that’s West Coast in style, which is fitting since the whole pilgrimage kicks off here in California in just a few weeks.
Heading to most states in limited quantities, the Beer Camp Across America West Coast Double IPA clocks in at 8.5% ABV and features five hop varieties, two of which went into Sierra Nevada’s “Hop Torpedo” dry-hopping device and impart hints of grapefruit and a floral note that recalls orange blossom. A light malt body and dry finish complement the bold hop profile.
Tickets for the seven Beer Camp Across America festivals are on sale at www.SierraNevada.com/
About Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Founded in 1980, Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is one of America’s premier craft breweries, highly regarded for using only whole-cone hops and the finest quality ingredients. The pioneering spirit that launched Sierra Nevada spans more than three decades, with innovation emerging from both the brewhouse and sustainability initiatives. Sierra Nevada has set the standard for artisan brewers worldwide as a winner of numerous awards for its extensive line of beers including Pale Ale, Torpedo®, Porter, Stout, Kellerweis® and a host of seasonal, specialty and limited release beers. Learn more at www.sierranevada.com.